MLA Local Area Development Scheme
The government had introduced MLAs Local Are Development Scheme from 2000-01 making MLAs able to recommend small development works of capital nature. Under the scheme, each MLA has the choice to suggest to the Deputy Commissioner of his/her district, to the extent of allocations given from year to year, to be taken up his/her constituency. Each MLA is sanctioned MLALAD fund of Rs.2 crore per annum for their respective constituency by the central government.
- The type of work under this scheme should be developmental in nature based on locally felt
- The work should be such that it can be completed within one financial year and lead to the creation of durable assets.
- Minimum of 10% fund allocated should be utilized for capacity building and training of unemployed youth in the state.
- The work to be taken under MLALADS should not be under Rs. 1 lakh in each case.
Works that may be taken up under MLALADS:
- Construction for buildings for schools, hostels, libraries and other buildings of education instititions belonging to government.
- Construction of village roads, bridges, public irregation channels and public drainage schemes.
- Providing drink water to the people in the area by digging tube-wells or other works that may help in this respect.
- Construction of public health care buildings, public toilets and bathrooms, footpaths, pathways and foot bridges.
- Construction of common gobar plants, non-conventional energy systems/devices for community use.
- Bus Sheds/Stops for public transport passengers.
- Social forestry, farm forestry, horticulture, parks and gardens in government and community land.
MLALAD Tracking for 40-Palak(ST) Assembly Constituency
Citizen of the District
Upliftment of social condition of citizen
How To Apply
Contact Office of Deputy Commissioner, Siaha, Guidelines, 2019 can be download in provided linkView (4 MB)